Friday, July 19, 2013

Vegan Chocolate Crazy Cake




I had been looking for a cake to make for my mom on mother's day when I came across this awesome recipe for a vegan chocolate cake! My mom loves chocolate cake so I thought why not! Not only that but I'd also wanted to try a healthier alternative to the old recipe I had.

  I fell in love with this as soon as I read the ingredients list! This recipe has NO EGGS, NO MILK, AAAND NO BUTTER!! The only ingredients it had were of everyday use and can be found in my pantry at any time. If you aren't one to worry about the ingredients or the list, then I gotta tell you that this recipe wasn't called crazy cake for nothing! The actual reason it's called crazy cake is, because it's extremely simple and easy. If you as me, this cake can come out perfect if it were done by a 5 year old! Did I mention that it is all done in the baking pan? So there is no extra mess to clean (a big point on my scale!) The hands on process takes about 10 mins (or less in my case) and about 30-35 mins in the oven. Your probably bored by now by my blabbering so lets not waste more time and get to the recipe! 
Crazy Cake (8" square baking pan):

Ingredients


1 1/2 Cups flour (all-purpose)
3 Tbsp. cocoa (unsweetened)
1 Cup white sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp.  salt

1 tsp. white vinegar
1 tsp.  pure vanilla extract
5 Tbsp. vegetable oil 
1 Cup water 


Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Mix first 5 dry ingredients in the baking pan.  Make 3 holes in dry ingredients - two small, one large. Pour vinegar in one hole, vanilla in the other and the vegetable oil in large hole.  Pour water over all.  Mix well until smooth.

Bake on middle rack of oven for 35 minutes.  Check with toothpick to make sure it comes out clean.  Cool.  Top with your favorite frosting (and/or top with sprinkled powdered sugar and fruits).  Enjoy!

Tips:
You can double this recipe, just use a 9x13 baking pan.


You can also mix the batter in a bowl for neater, easier mixing.  Be sure to follow the directions the same way - mixing the dry ingredients then making the depressions for the wet ingredients.  Don't forget to grease you pan.  You can also make cupcakes - be sure to adjust baking time.  

Many have shared that this recipe is great served warm or cold with just sprinkling powdered sugar on top!  



-With love, Maha(:


Recipe from: http://www.sweetlittlebluebird.com/2013/03/tried-true-tuesday-crazy-cake-no-eggs.html

No comments:

Post a Comment